Learn the Art of Self-Pleasure for Sexual Wellness
by tejas gaikwad on Sep 20, 2022
Today we speak of self-love. But, are we open to the idea of self sexual pleasure? When sex itself is a topic that many people are uncomfortable about, self-pleasure becomes a matter that is beyond understanding. But, the health benefits of pleasing oneself are extensive, and it's the best way to learn more about your body and give yourself permission to explore.
Let's know what self pleasure actually means:
Self-Pleasure, AKA Masturbation
The sexual stimulation of one's own genitals for sexual arousal or other sexual pleasure, usually to the point of orgasm. Apart from providing pleasure, it releases toxins and helps you learn about your own body parts and the amount of time you need to get your orgasm.
How to Masturbate?
There are different ways to masturbate or enjoy self stimulation, and the ways differ based on your sex.
For males, there are many popular ways to masturbate, such as hand masturbation, which is done by stroking the penis manually, and free masturbation, which involves using both hands to stimulate the genital organs. Some people add lube for more pleasure and ease. Men also use sex toys like fleshlights or strokers to make masturbation more fun. Prostate stimulation toys such as butt plugs, anal beads, and prostate massagers are popular ways to stimulate the male G-spot.
When it comes to women having an orgasm, they can get pleasure from using vibrators or some other sex toys. But the most common way still remains to be fingers, which are inserted into the vagina, so this is why fingers are a woman's best friend.
For heightened pleasure men can try various Ayurvedic sexual wellness products; they are natural and free from side effects.
Male masturbation benefits:
- Experts believe that masturbation can improve your sexual performance in bed because the more you have sex with yourself, the more confident you will become and know what your body is capable of.
- No matter what anyone says, the fact remains that masturbation is a good way to relieve stress and help you relax before bed.
- There is also a theory that people who masturbate regularly have better control over their orgasms. It may or may not be true, but masturbation surely teaches you lots of ways to experience orgasm and gain knowledge about your strength and timing.
- Masturbation helps you understand your sexual needs and what kind of sex makes you feel the best.
- Masturbation helps to release pent-up sexual energy, get rid of stress, and, perhaps most importantly, feel closer and more intimate with yourself.
Female masturbation benefits:
Some of the female masturbation benefits include:
- Having an orgasm increases the blood flow and oxygen to your entire body.
- Masturbation can actually improve your sex life with a partner, simply because you know your body better than anyone else. That way, when you have sex with a partner, you'll be better able to recognize the signs of orgasm and know how to increase the likelihood of having one.
- Masturbation aids in vaginal lubrication, which can help make sex with a partner more comfortable.
- It also helps to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which can boost your libido and help you to achieve orgasm.
- Masturbation provides relief from stress and calms frustration related to menstrual cramps.
FAQs about self-pleasure
1. Is Masturbation Healthy?
Many young men and women want to know ‘Is masturbation healthy’? Millions of men and women self-please every day and have no trouble doing so. No studies indicate that masturbation causes any physical or mental problems. Just remember don't masturbate in excess as it can make you feel exhausted.
2. What are the side effects of masturbation?
There are no side effects of masturbation. But if you do it in excess, it can cause pain, irritation, and exhaustion.
3. How do I give myself more pleasure?
To experience more pleasure from masturbation, first you have to relax and focus on what feels good to you. Try new ways of touching yourself, such as stroking different parts of your genitals and erogenous zones. Use sex toys to enhance the sensation.
4. Why do men feel exhausted after masturbation?
If a man ejaculates after masturbation, his body may experience some level of exhaustion afterwards because of the tension that he has been holding in his body. But, it's temporary and gives the body time to recover just like our body does after a workout.
5. Can masturbation delay periods?
No, masturbation or self pleasure cannot delay periods or menstruation. Masturbation has no effect on a woman's period or on the length of her cycle; there is no truth to this myth.